Commercial Industrial Hemp Producer Licenses

Regulations K.A.R. 4-34-1 and K.A.R. 4-34-22 through 4-34-30 only apply to the commercial production of industrial hemp pursuant to K.S.A. 2-3901 et seq., and amendments thereto, and, unless otherwise stated, do not apply to research conducted as part of the pilot program pursuant to K.S.A. 2-3902, and amendments thereto, and regulated by K.A.R. 4-34-2 through 4-34-21.

Hemp Producers

Persons seeking to cultivate or produce industrial hemp must be licensed by the Kansas Department of Agriculture (KDA) as a commercial industrial hemp producer pursuant to K.S.A. 2-3901 et seq. Hemp producer licenses shown here expire annually on December 31.

Tribal Nations

Individuals cultivating or producing industrial hemp on land within Kansas must be licensed by KDA. However, hemp cultivation or production that occurs on land belonging to the Iowa Tribe of Kansas and Nebraska, the Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas, the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, or the Sac and Fox Nation of Missouri in Kansas and Nebraska is regulated by each respective Tribal Nation or USDA Agricultural Marketing Service (USDA-AMS). USDA-AMS developed a search tool that allows users access to basic information on licensed hemp producers across the country, which can be found at

Hemp Processors

For a list of commercial industrial hemp processors pursuant to K.S.A 2-3907, please contact the State Fire Marshal’s Office.

Kansas Open Records Act Request

Members of the public seeking contact information for the hemp producers shown here are required to submit to KDA a request for such information pursuant to the Kansas Open Records Act. A Kansas Open Records Request through KDA may be completed online at

About Us

The Kansas Department of Agriculture is committed to food safety, consumer protection, natural resource protection and water resource management for the benefit of all Kansans.

Latest News

Our Contacts

1320 Research Park Dr,
Manhattan, KS 66502